Friday, May 04, 2007

Toddler, Toddler, Toddler

You may have to dig to find posts about anything but my toddler.

At it again...she was up way too late last night. And the night before. It has been a struggle, this past week, to get her to GO TO SLEEP. And no, I don't mean to get her to go to sleep on her own or without nursing or in her own bed or whatever other nice progress-in-development kind of thing. A struggle to get her to go to sleep in her usual cuddled-up-with-mama, nursing, book-reading kind of way.

This is simply NOT COOL in the world of the already-too-little-time Niki. I don't want to spend two hours getting my toddler to sleep. Do you have any idea what I could get accomplished in those two hours? You know, if I was being forced not to sleep anyway.

And on the subject of irritating toddler, GIRL would you PLEASE let me put a sweater on you? PLEASE? It wouldn't kill you, I PROMISE, and it was like 40 degrees out there with daddy last night. You were freezing. I know it because you tried to remedy that by curling up against my belly. COLDCOLDCOLDCOLDCOLD. But no sweater, jacket, anything. Must only have ONE LAYER of clothing, eh? And it HAS to be THAT SHIRT that you chose today, eh?

Well, freeze then.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

L.O.L.

Flippin toddlers...

Unknown said...

Toddlers s*&k