Monday, March 24, 2008

Affirmed? Tired...incoherent...

I am so tired this evening.

But today in clinic, amidst the sad and the happy and the uneventful and the, oh, you know, pregnant women, my preceptor wrote and shared with me her evaluations for the end of my placement. And it was lovely. I was never quite sure with her, what she thought. She quizzes me CONSTANTLY and sometimes it seems like I don't know the answers more often than I do. To hear her say that she thought I was very smart and was picking things up quickly and well and advancing nicely...that she wasn't exactly looking forward to switching to a new set of students when she didn't know if they'd fit as well as we did...it was worth an awful lot of tired. Oh, there were not so glowing things in there (mainly - speak up more quickly, you know the answer! be the first to the buzzer!), but nothing hideous. I felt 1) relief and 2) affirmed that I might just be headed towards some sort of decent ability to do this job at some point.

Easter was nice. The easter bunny wanted to go on strike, but somehow (what with all the counting-down and looking-forward the kids were doing) that just didn't seem right, so the easter bunny set her alarm for really fucking early and got up to stuff eggs and hide them. We brought angel food and strawberries to MIL's house and had a happy evening playing with the kids. Until just before we left, when Fran totally screwed his back. Not quite sure what happened, one moment he's wrestling with children and the next he's stuck on the floor (he did make it to his feet 5 minutes later). He tried to go to work today (silly) and called me mid-day with a somewhat "mommy can I come home" tone (um....youdecidebigboyokbye).

I'm so tired I'm not even coherent, so we'll see if this needs editting when I read it tomorrow. So much for doing an exam tonight. I am not even sure I could tell you what I need to get dressed, much less what I need for a successful malpractice suit.

1 comment:

*d* said...

YEAH!!! and ((((hug)))