Friday, August 20, 2010

Full

It's kind of hard to imagine how I fill those so many hours of so many days that stretch out on either side of my existence as a stay-at-home (again, misnomer, nobody staying home around here) mom.

Our days are filled with trips to the beach:





Sewing cool pants (one of several pairs accomplished that day):



Trips to the flower garden (Tony took these first two):






Hiking (here at Point Defiance):





Not to mention piano lessons, Art Club, and playdates. Feeding the kids, and feeding them again. Nursing the littlest one, and nursing her again. Reading my way through the hearty stack of fiction novels that threatens to topple off my bedside table. Some mama friends and I have been talking about how when you are a mom, there are precious few things in your life that you get to be FINISHED with. Maybe this is why so many of us are drawn to crafting in some way or another. I can finish sewing a pair of pants, and be done with it. I will never, ever, ever finish the dishes; not for real, anyway, when another is sure to appear 5 minutes later.

Is it any wonder that I haven't had the time to fold my own laundry yet this week?

Still, the last little bit of paperwork that I finally took time to complete and send in to the Department of Health bore its intended fruit, and I can turn my head as I type and see my active Midwife License, neat and official in a frame I picked up from Goodwill - all we can really bother with these days - just for the occasion.