Saturday, October 23, 2010

Scarecrow Festival

I was looking forward to this, because the location (Sehmel Homestead Park) and the theme both sounded really good to me. It turned out to be a rainy day, but nevertheless, we managed to have a good deal of fun. The Scarecrow Festival was a little light on scarecrows and a tiny bit heavy on a few companies advertising by offering their services for free, but the most important word in this sentence - at least so far as my broke-as-all-get-out family is concerned - is "free." It was that lovely sort of event where several very fun hours could pass without the kids whining at all about how they weren't getting to do X-thing-that-would-be-fun-but-costs-too-much. In fact, I brought cash along figuring that I'd have to pay for SOMETHING, but the laser tag, bounce houses/slides, and a modest amount of candy were all free.




No comments: