Wednesday, August 01, 2007

North Shore on Friday

On Friday my mom was off again and we headed around to the north shore. We found an abandoned beach. Formerly known as Pounders, it had some other name I don't remember anymore on the signs...it's in Laie. For a while, my tutu (grandma) lived on the next beach over, and when we came to visit sometimes we'd follow the shore around the bend that you see in the first picture to get to Pounders. And then try to time our departure so that we could get back to Tutu's beach before the tide came in and cut us off.




Tony found out why this place was nicknamed Pounders:



While Becca practiced her diving skills going UNDER the waves, and never did get pounded:



She even got brave enough to use the boogie board (she did catch some waves!):



And Nomi got used to being pushed and pulled by the waves:



Then we stopped at Giovanni's shrimp truck (OMG that was wonderful shrimp!):



And left our names:



Before heading to Sunset Beach:



The sand was great entertainment, which is a good thing since the drop-off at that beach is vicious. My mom took me swimming and I just about freaked out. Mom and Dad both made fun of me after we came in for sticking so close to Mom, but DAMN that was some freaky rock-fissure-murky-water shit we were swimming over. The weather turned slightly sour as we were swimming and the water got seriously spooky. Here sharky, sharky...do I look enough like a tasty sea mammal for you yet? What's that - oh fuck, a rock... Next time I swim with my mom there will be lane lines involved.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You left out the bleeding part.