Saturday, April 03, 2010

In which the children attempt to redeem themselves

I'm still sick. A whole toilet paper roll full of snot kinda sick.
The kids have lost their snark, though. Events today included:
  • Singing Christmas songs while making Easter decorations
  • Bringing many extra pillows into my bed to read with me
  • Making tea
  • And more tea
  • Ballet dancing in the living room...to Hootie and the Blowfish
  • A rousing rendition of "Food Glorious Food, We Can't Wait to Eat It!" when I set out dinner (a fairly simple mixed-greens salad with homemade vinaigrette, Gorgonzola cheese, and slices of chicken...surprising thing to break into song about)
  • Nagging-free kitchen cleaning. Including the one not assigned dishes taking out trash and compost - without complaining! And cooperative pot-and-pan washing!
  • Several fight-less rounds of Trouble, Candyland, and Chess

My uterus has decided that now is not the time to have a baby, and has been pretty much quiet all day. The uterus part, that is; the baby has been wiggling and hiccuping away. Perhaps my body has decided that as long as the snot factory/headache/sore throat persists, it wouldn't be a good idea to have a baby. Or maybe it's the fact that I shifted baby higher in my pelvis by semi-accident (I tried to rotate him/her away from being stubbornly posterior, but got "float" instead). I'm already doing most of the posturing things that are supposed to keep this little bugger in a better position; babies fit better when their backs are along the front or left side of moms' bellies, and have the roughest time when their backs are lined up with moms' backs. And yeah, that's where this one is, and has been for a good long time. Boyness came out that way, and his labor was more painful and more confusing than the others. Anyhow, I'm doing the positioning things and they're not working. The latest attempt (the one that resulted in a relative state of "floating" for baby's station=distance from certain pelvic landmarks) involved the ever so comfortable (not) inversions with a little wiggling thrown in for added baby-movement encouragement. Failure.

Waiting for kids to get their little butts abed so I can stuff Easter eggs and stick Easter fun into baskets. I'm feeling really happy with myself for purchasing this stuff a couple of weeks ago while I still had any desire to be out in public at all. And while I was thinking "I'd better do this well, it's likely I'll be ignoring them for a while shortly after Easter."

(Who was I kidding? Like I said before, I will be pregnant forever.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad they gave you a better day! You deserve it!