Tuesday, January 02, 2007

This Quarter Starting, Or What?

So I still only have about 1/5th of my books for this quarter, and today is supposedly the start date.

But there's nothing new on the website. So WTFever. Here I was ready to go searching for the materials for the first week (while the one-week shipping takes three weeks to get to me...I'm assured it will be here "soon") but there's nothing to do.

I still don't even have grades for Nutrition...not just the final grade, that would be bad enough, but for anything past the midpoint of the quarter or so. Now, I think that this is solely the fault of a very lazy excuse-making instructor, but it reflects badly on the school as well.

And there's nothing new on the website. Not: here's your syllabi that we were supposed to have LAST week. Not: well, here's the first week so you guys don't feel like you're being left in the dark. Nothing.

And I'm fucking pissed.

The "it's the new WebCT, the new WebCT sucks, whine whine whine" excuse will only carry you so far people. As far as I'm concerned, you've NEVER had your shit together. And it is getting old. You can only expect so much from your students when you're not displaying any accountability in return. As far as I'm concerned...no, this isn't the start of the quarter. When you get me my fucking classes, THAT is the start of the quarter. Which means that NO, money is NOT due today.

No comments: