Monday, March 03, 2008

Building Pressure

It has been over a week since the last birth I went to. As women get more overdue, and more women move into the window, I can't help but feel like there is a big bad busy week in my future.

In the meantime, I've more than a handful of school work to do (none of it actually OVERdue for once, thankfully).

And I'm checking my phone like a goddamned maniac every 10 minutes or after any time I leave the house to switch laundry/get something from the car/yell at a child out the door. I started leaving my phone under my pillow when I first went on call, which works for me, but now I've been checking the silly thing any time I get up to pee or am disturbed from sleep, which amounts to 3-4 times a night.

My head HURTS for lack of caffeine.

I have yet to be to a birth that was all that long. My preceptor calls this good luck. I think that the universe balances these things out and I'm waiting for that hammer to fall, too.

Presentations, senior paper introductions, everyday assignments, books and articles to read. Clinic. Births building up. Goddamned headache from hell. The perfect storm may just be gathering for me, here.

But hey, at least I successfully made Kefir! ~L~, by the next batch I will definitely have enough to share some crystals (or whatever you call them) with you! It turns out they really like the spot behind the couch, and the balmy 75 degrees (!) that my heater accidentally got the house to while we were out today. Humangous heating bill, here we come! Why can't that heater just behave predictably?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to support you in your anti-caffeine crusade, because I think it is important that you NOT be addicted as bad as you have, but I am wondering if now is the time to really attack it?

I can borrow a girlie for a few nights if you want me to.

Unknown said...

Mack thinks L likes having an abundance of girl energy about her house....

Unknown said...

It helps even things out! LOL