Thursday, March 01, 2007

Toddle-Logic

Toddlerness almost stole my coffee this morning. Almost. With great stealth, she slid it off the desktop, hiding it against her chest, and then...

The urge hit! Oh, the nature of Toddler! "MY COFFEE!" she shouted.

Damn, foiled again.

But this is just another of many times that the Toddler Possessiveness has destroyed what might, otherwise, have been a perfectly toddlerific time. "MY spiderman!" Really, ya think so Toddlerness? Don't you think Tony might argue that point? And there's nothing like screaming "MY MAMA!" when Boyness hugs me to get me to hug him back...extra-long.

The older two didn't do this. I swear it. I'm told everyone does it, but they didn't. Why? Beats the fuck out of me. Obviously, since Toddlerness does it, it was no stroke of genius on our part.

I half want her to grow out of it...'cause really, there's nothing like a toddler screaming "MINE!" and running away with your textbook...and half don't. I mean, there's something cute about something so small being so adamant. And she doesn't do it to pick a fight...she just, DOES it. Like she can't help it or something. I mean, really, is there any place other than Toddler Brains where screaming "MY COFFEE" would make sense?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course there is. When you're in my house, and the coffee is freshhhhhhhhhh...........

*d* said...

ROFL, Yeah I was thinking the same thing, L. ROFL.
Niki-funneeee

Unknown said...

you must update your blog before you go onsite again!